Thursday, August 12, 2010

Carbuncles

I'm going to start a club, and you can join it if you want.  It's going to be called "The Pet Petting Club".  Basically, you just bring your pet to the meetings, and the members ... pet it.

Alright, so here's my other club idea: I can't decide on the name, I'm thinking something like "Daft Craft" or "Creative Daze" or "Smoke Trees with Crafties" and it basically involves me and my friends herbally enhancing our moods, and then gluing felt, glitter, and googly eyes onto pinecones and rocks.

I was thinking about this the other day, why aren't there any oriental rugs with fractal patterns?  Does that exist, because it should.

Life IS suffering.  I used to think that concept was ridiculous.  I used to think life was full of blessings, and full of exuberance and joy.  Maybe that is still the case.  Lately though, I always seem to be in the midst of loss, and when I'm not grieving over some loss of something that was important to me, I'm fearful of what a potential loss would feel like.  I think it has to do with forming deep attachments to people and places.  Like the last couple days I was in New Jersey and I knew I would be leaving Ian soon, even when I wasn't at that moment leaving him, I was anticipating the loss of him, and it hurt just as much.  And I'm always attached to something, many things at the same time!  And so life is always endless, awful, discouraging suffering.  I'm always in the midst of loss or fearful of loss and how terrible the devastation can be.

Sometimes if you are REALLY REALLY sad, it hurts physically too.  Like you have the flu or something.  I did not learn this until recently.

.... This blows.

No comments: